...

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ring Tray

I have a little confession to make. I refuse to wear my ring while I am sleeping. I am always afraid that I am going to scratch my face or snag it on something and lose a diamond out of it. So I usually just place it on my nightstand every night. I once lost it on the floor :( I freaked out of course, but I found it. I know pretty irresponsible right? I kept looking for trays to put my ring on at night, they were all either too expensive or kinda ugly. So I came up with this quick and uber easy tray!

I went to the dollar store and found some tea candle holders. They had a pretty big selection and guess what??? All for a dollar haha... I got this green flower looking piece:


And this clear smaller one for the base....



First turn the base upside down and apply hot glue or E-6000, whichever you have.


Then just put the larger candle holder on top of it!!! SUPER EASY!!!!



But the glue showed through :( That is not cute! So this is where your creative instincts tell you to go!!! I just used some paper cut flowers that I had hanging around and a jewel from my jewelry making kit.
PERFECT!!! Now go to the dollar store... it is calling your name!!!









1 comment:

  1. That turned out adorable. Great idea. I take my ring off too and just put it next to the sink. Probably not the brightest idea. I'll have to make this.

    ReplyDelete