Wednesday, July 14, 2010


Oh ya I said it!!! I have completed my very first furniture transformation! It looks pretty dang close to what I had pictured in my head. YAY for not having to put our 'bedroom tv' on a dresser!!! (I know, I used to hate the idea of a tv in a bedroom too) It was pretty aggravating at first to try and figure out what was the best way to paint it. However we endured and pushed through it and now have a beautiful armoire to set our new television in!!!


I went to my version of yard selling at my landlord's house. Who happens to live right next door to us. Which some might think is annoying, I happen to love it. My husband is gone quite a bit for the Army so it is nice to have someone I can call over in a second to help with something. My landlord yard sells like no ones business (I love sleeping way too much to get up early on a Saturday). He sold it to us for.... get ready $10.00!!!! We finally decided on buying some mis-tint paint and using the project spray gun. After it was painted I used a glaze to fill in all the detail work. I found a tutorial on how to use glaze at All Things Thrifty, I LOVE this blog, I spent hours looking at all the fun stuff she has done. I am in awe of the blog, if you are not a follower I suggest becoming one.

This has been one of the most challenging but rewarding projects I have done so far. I love it and cannot wait to get it into my bedroom! Thanks for reading my blog!!!!


  1. It turned out so good! I can't believe you got it for only $10, what a steal.