...

Friday, June 25, 2010

Lamp Makeover

Soooooo I have to say that I LOVE the DI. Oh yes it is a place of junky glory, I found a clock that doesn't work anymore but still has SO much potential in it.... Here is a pic of said clock.


Why would anyone give this away?!?!?!? Oh well now it has a new home where I will love it and cherish it for its junky beauty.


I also found two lamps that MATCH! I have never found lamps that match at the DI. (Then again I do not get there too often). However these lamps were from the 70's... the are old souls but I wasn't really digging their gold, brassy look they had going on seen here:





These ladies were due for a makeover. Don't get me wrong I DO love some gold, clunky, silly things. It can be very beautiful but for lamps? BTW do you like the box?? Ya that is all I had, I like the television that came out of it even more. Back to the ladies lets call them Agatha and Agnes. Okay now that I have successfully named lamps let's get to what went down.



  • First you will need a fantastic husband who will watch children for you. (check)

  • Second I used a can of spray paint. I used Rust-o-leum Aqua

So then after my husband (lets call him for fun Sgt Fantastic) showed me how to spray paint. I painted them (bulb and all) with the spray paint. Agatha and Agnes looked like this:

They were looking good. Very bright and bold! However Agatha and Agnes will be living in my bedroom I did not want them outdoing everything in the room (including me jk). So I thought hmmmm how can I tone them down a little. I had a great idea for them. I took some leftover paint, watered it down quite a bit and painted it on then rub it off with a rag. Sorry no picture of this step per my hands were quite dirty and didn't want my camera getting painted. It took me a little bit to get the hang of it but alas I got a result that I was happy with. Agatha and Agnes were made over and if I do say look fabulous.
Now all I need to do is find some cheap lamp shades to complete their new look. I cannot wait to get them in my room.



4 comments:

  1. Great job on the lamps! I love that you painted the bulbs too. Can't wait to see what you find for shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color you used! Be sure to post the shades you get. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I just made over a $3 from a garage sale .. I'll post it soon for ya!

    www.alltheabcsofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love how these lamps turned out! Such a fun color too!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete